Saturday, June 27, 2009

Recent Portaits

Here are some animal portraits I shot a few weeks ago at Zoo America at Hershey Park, Hershey,PA. The Red Tail Hawk was not in his cage for this shot. I was able to play with one of my newest lenses, the 100mm macro. I've been shooting bugs and very small things and very close. I think, from the subject to the camera sensor, the minimum distance is a little less than a foot. (bugs,flowers,etc.)

Red Tail Hawk


During the week, I was sharing with a few people how with the right position of the subject, in these pictures the cats away from the fence and the camera located as close to the fence as possible, the fence will nearly be eliminated from the image. So, here are two shots where the fence is all but eliminated from the image.

Lynx


Mountain Lion


Also,I decided to crop a portion of the last posted image because I wasn't sure how well you were able to see the intricate tangled mess of this creature. As I said in the previous post, this is the way you would find it during the day.


No comments: