Sunday, August 2, 2009

Portraits of the Week

Here are some of the shots that I took this week. It's amazing to see just how much a person can miss and how much is going on around us when we pick a small area and focus on the creatures in it. When beginning divers get to a reef, its not uncommon that they try to cover as much of the reef as fast as they can. This results in a great deal of missed reef life. In time, some find that you can settle on a small section and just hang out. Instead of you covering the reef, you stay put and let the creatures come to you or at least reveil themselves. Now, I wasn't diving this week, unfortunately, but I had been at a marsh area shooting small dragonflies. They were sitting on the leaves of plants when out of the weeds climbed a praying mantis. It basically came to me saying take my picture for your blog. I was very happy to do so. So, I know we are all busy, but the phrase,"Stop to smell the roses" can provide a nice respite during the day and remind us that there is so much we miss as we speed around.







No comments: