Saturday, March 28, 2009

"The Trip Continues"

Hopefully, I'm not boring you with pictures from the same trip. These are just a select few of the many that were taken. I think on this trip I averaged about 3 to 4 dives a day. On some of the other trips we did liveaboard diving. That's where we flew to a destination, transfered to a boat, and then ate, dived, slept, and relaxed on the boat all week. Sometimes without stepping foot on land for the whole week. And since we didn't have to leave the boat, I would do 5 dives a day. But that was't the case with this trip to Bonaire. We stayed in a room on shore, we purchased 6 boat dives for the week and had unlimited shore diving with a small truck for transportation. Initially, we had an island orientation which is required for everyone since as I said in a previous post, the island is completely surrounded by a marine park. Once that was taken care of, we could check out a couple of tanks a piece, load our gear in the truck and head down the road to find a dive site. The dive sites are marked with basketball size rocks painted yellow with the name of the site and are sitting along the road. When you see one you can pull off the road, gear up, and dive. More to come!


"The Tarpon "












"A Scorpion Portrait"














"The Wall at Rappel"

3 comments:

April said...

Wow, you have some remarkable pictures on here! Great colors and composition.
I love the seahorse, and the windmills, and the Nexus Sphinx.
Thanks for sharing these - it's inspiring.

Bob G. said...

Thanks April, I wasn't sure if you received the link. I'm glad your enjoying them!

Lisa said...

Okay, I'm impressed. Beautiful. I love the work! Keep on loading! How about some of your 'roadside' shots?